Dream Job Alert! Aer Lingus is Hiring New Cabin Crew For its 2018 Schedule
Fancy a career change? How about travelling the world in a job where no two days are the same? Today could be your lucky day because Aer Lingus is hiring.
Fresh from the announcement of its exciting transatlantic routes for 2018, the airline needs to boost its staff members.
While you don’t technically need any experience, there are a few conditions that need to be adhered to if you want to travel the world with Aer Lingus.
– Be 18 years of age or older
– Be eligible to live and work in the Republic of Ireland
– Be fluent in spoken and written English
– Hold a valid EEA passport allowing worldwide travel
– Have 12 months experience in customer service/sales roles
– Have no tattoos/visible piercings that are visible in uniform
– Be flexible to work shifts, unsociable hours, weekends etc.
– A second European language is listed as a desirable criteria, as is previous cabin crew experience and an EASA – Attestation of Initial Safety Training.
They also need:
– A verifiable five-year background check
– Details of three contactable referees
– Between 5‘2″- 6‘2″ in height, with weight-height in proportion
– Ability to reach up to 6‘3″
– Ability to stand for long periods of time (at least four hours)
– Ability to lift objects up to 18kgs and pull a beverage cart of 100kgs
– Ability to swim 25m unaided and tread water for at least one minute
– Complete a medical questionnaire and medical examination
– Visual acuity of 6/9 (aided or unaided)
– It helps to be a great communicator, team player, friendly, approachable, self-motivated, flexible and both brand and commercially aware, the airline says.
Successful candidates will attend a five-week cabin crew training course at Aer Lingus’ Training Academy in Dublin Airport before taking off in April 2018.
Once qualified, cabin crew can fly to over 100 destinations and have the potential to earn a potential €1,700 to €1,900 per month.
The closing date for applications in October 16th. For more information and to apply, visit careers.aerlingus.com.