Try this strawberry & ricotta on almond biscuits recipe from Siúcra for a simple and elegant dessert that will give your guests the impression that you have spent hours in the kitchen. The creamy texture of the ricotta pairs perfectly with the nutty crunch of the almond biscuits. Top with a scoop of sweetened strawberries, which have been macerated in Siúcra’s dark brown sugar to bring out the natural juices.
– 250g strawberries
– 100g ricotta
– Almond biscuits (bought or homemade)
– 25g Siúcra Icing Sugar
– 1 tbsp Siúcra Dark Brown Sugar
1. Hull and slice strawberries and place in a bowl.
2. Add Siúcra Dark Brown Sugar and mash slightly with a fork.
3. Sift the Siúcra Icing Sugar over the ricotta and mash.
4. Lay out the almond biscuits and put a dollop of the sweetened ricotta on the almond biscuits.
5. Add a spoonful of the macerated strawberries.
6. Pour some of the remaining juice from the macerated strawberries on top.