An apple a day keeps the Doctor away right?! So, lets throw it into cake form along with some energy giving oats and juicy raisins and you’ve got yourself a grab and go snack. The list of ingredients for this apple, raisin and oat cakes recipe might seem long – but honestly, you’ll probably have most of them lurking about the kitchen!
– 1 egg
– ½ tsp ground or grated nutmeg
– 2 tsp ground cinnamon
– ½ cup raisins
– 2 chopped red apples (skins on)
– ¾ cup almond or regular milk
– 115g melted butter OR coconut oil
– 1 cup white flour
– 1 cup porridge oats
– 4 tbsp brown OR coconut sugar
– Pinch of salt
– 2 tsp baking powder
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180ºC.
2. Combine the flour, baking powder, dried cinnamon, nutmeg, sugar, oats and salt in a large mixing bowl.
3. Whisk the egg, milk and melted butter together in a separate bowl.
4. Then, start adding the wet ingredients to the dry mixture – combining everything as you go with a wooden spoon or spatula.
5. Lastly, fold in the chopped apples and raisins and then divide the mix between 12 cupcake cakes and bake for about 20-25 minutes – oat so easy right!
I’m an Irish food blogger from Donegal, and I am obsessed with food – and in particular, clean & healthy eating. I’ve been experimenting with food since my school days, and I am continuously developing and adapting recipes to keep my body happy and healthy. I always try to make my recipes adaptable – to help suit a wide variety of eaters, so I like to think there’s something for everyone here. I hope that my blog Thyme to Eat may inspire and bring a little culinary delight to your table. You can also find me on Twitter. Happy Feasting!