Flavour Filled Asian-Style Salmon Bowl Recipe From Kate O’Brien’s GLOW
This quick and easy Asian-Style Salmon Bowl is the perfect dish for when you’re short on time. The salmon is packed with omega 3 and vitamin B-12 and the broccoli gives you vitamin C, potassium and fibre. This dish is healthy, full of flavour and is a definite crowd pleaser.
– 120g short grain brown rice
– 2 tbsp. olive oil
– 2 salmon fillets (150g each)
– Medium head broccoli, cut into florets
– 2 handfuls baby spinach
– 1 ripe avocado, peeled and stoned
– 50g frozen edamame beans, defrosted and shelled
– 1/2 lemon, juice only
– 1 tbsp. sesame seeds, to serve
For the dressing
– 1 heaped tsp. miso paste
– 2 tbsp. tamari
1. Boil the rice for 30-35 minutes until the water is absorbed or as per instructions on the packet.
2. Heat the olive oil in a pan until moderately hot. Add the salmon fillets, skin side down, and cook for 2–3 minutes until lightly browned.
3. Turn the salmon over, reduce the heat to moderate and continue cooking for a further 6–7 minutes until the salmon is just cooked through. Remove from the pan immediately to avoid overcooking.
4. Boil or lightly steam the broccoli florets for about 5 minutes until al dente. Drain and refresh under cold water.
5. Place a handful of spinach in each of two bowls. Divide the rice, salmon, avocado, edamame beans and broccoli between them.
6. To make the dressing, dissolve the miso paste in a little warm water, add the tamari and mix.
7. Drizzle the lemon juice and miso dressing over the salmon. Finish with a scattering of sesame seeds and serve.
TOP TIP: For a vegetarian twist, simply remove the salmon and add an extra edamame to increase the protein in the dish.
GLOW contains 60 easy, skin-nourishing, plant based recipes along with a step by step skin care routine. Kate O’Brien has professional qualifications in nutrition and cosmetic science and has dedicated years to learning the soundest skincare and health advice. GLOW is a complete four week guide to radiant and healthy skin.