Avocado Chocolate Mousse Tart Recipe by My Nutrition Ireland
This powerful delicious Chocolate Mousse Cake is made with NO cream, no butter, no refined sugars, no dairy, no flour, no gluten and coeliac friendly. But packed full of elements like fibre & Healthy Fats which are actually good for weight loss. Enjoy this guilt free and very indulgent gorgeous chocolate tart!
For The Tart Base:
– 3/4 Cup of Nuts (Almond, Cashews, Walnuts)
– 3/4 Cup Desiccated Coconut 3-4 Tablespoons Maple Syrup/ Honey/ Agave syrup
– 2-3 teaspoons Flax/Chia seeds
For The Filling:
– 2 Ripe Avocados (200g aprox.)
– 1⁄2 Cup Maple Syrup/Honey
– 1⁄2 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
– 2 Tablespoons Coconut Milk/Coconut Oil (optional)
– 1-2 teaspoons Vanilla Essence & a pinch of cinnamon
1. Blend all ingredients for the base of the tart in a food processor for a few seconds until combined.
2. Then press it down gently with your fingers on a deep and small tart dish pushing a bit to the sides of the tart. Set aside in the fridge while making the filling.
3. Mix all ingredients of the filling in a food processor or blender, until well blended and smooth. 4. Pour and spread the filling gently on the tart base, cover well and refrigerate for a few hours or overnight. The coconut oil and avocado will make the chocolate mousse firm.
Tip : You could use toasted nuts for extra flavour. Decorate your tart with fresh raspberries (or your favorite berries) and mint leaves.
Other Health Benefits include
– Increase good Cholesterol & reduce bad Cholesterol
– Stabilize Blood Sugar Levels -protect against Diabetes
– Reduce Cravings
– Full of antioxidant Carotenoids which are great for Healthy Skin
– Protect your Cardiovascular Health
– Reduce inflammation & Arthritis
My Nutrition Ireland is a Nutritional & Health Consultancy which was set up by Thomas Coleman and his wife Jeeny in 2013. They understand the importanance of Health and how it impacts on people, their well-being and performance both in the workplace, at home and in Sports Performance. It’s a marriage made in Heaven many would say. Jeeny Maltese is a romantic, energetic girl from Venezuela and has a passion for Food, Health & Beauty without sacrificing taste; an extremely talented cook described as a “Latin Nigella Lawson” by many. Tom Coleman – her husband is a Nutritionist with a background in Science and Health Promotion, with a life time passion in Health, Sports & Science. Together they have combined their passion into a great exciting business.