For this baked eggs recipe I added one of my all time favourite foods: Smoked salmon! I love it any time of the day – for breakfast, lunch or dinner. As a child my favourite was to have it with my mum’s homemade potato cakes! This is definitely a new winning combination and perfect for a weekend brunch.
This baked eggs recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo & Whole30.
– 2 large eggs
– 100g of smoked salmon
– 70g of asparagus
– 1 shallot, diced
– 1 clove of garlic, minced
– 1 tsp coconut oil
– Pinch of coarse salt
1. Preheat your oven to 200°c/ 392°F.
2. Heat a pan with the coconut oil and gentle saute the shallots for 1 minute before adding in the garlic to cook for a further minute with a pinch of coarse salt.
3. Dice the asparagus and add to the pan with 1/2 tbsp of water.
4. Allow the mixture to cook for 3-4 minutes.
5. In the mean time line 2 ramekins with half of the smoked salmon.
6. Once the asparagus has started to soften divide the mixture in 2 and add to the ramekins.
7. Place the remainder of the smoked salmon on top of the vegetables before cracking in the eggs.
8. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the eggs are cooked to your liking – serve and enjoy!
Food is my passion! I spend every spare minute I have experimenting in the kitchen! I am constantly coming up with clean alternatives to junk foods in order to promote healthy eating in a unique and exciting way. My recipes are gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo and occasionally vegan. I hope you enjoy this recipe and after having a look through my blog are inspired to try new things!