Baked Passion Fruit Cheesecake Recipe by Amy Ryan
This is a lovely summer recipe from my daughter Amy “A Passion Fruit Baked Cheesecake”. Amy is 20 and absolutely passionate about baking, she began losing her sight a little over 3 years ago but hasn’t let that stop her baking or doing anything that she done before. This is a delicious summer recipe made with fresh passion fruit perfect for a Sunday Treat or perfect for a BBQ Dessert. You could easily swap out the Passion Fruit for Raspberry for a change.
– 1 x 250g pkt digestive biscuits
– 125g unsalted butter, melted
– 2 x 250g pkts cream cheese, at room temperature
– 155g caster sugar
– 5 eggs
– 125ml single cream
– 1 tbsp corn flour
– 80ml water
– Passion fruit Pulp abt 6 passion fruit
– 55g caster sugar, extra
– 2 tsp finely grated lemon rind
– 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
– 2 tbsp plain flour
1. Line a 20cm spring form pan with non-stick baking paper, allowing sides to overhang. Secure the base back into-the pan.
2. Place biscuits in a food processor. Process until finely crushed. Add butter. Process until well combined. Transfer to pan. Use the back of a spoon to spread and press firmly over the base and side of pan. Cover with cling film. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to chill.
3. Use an electric beater to beat cream cheese, sugar and lemon rind in a large bowl until smooth. Add the lemon juice and flour. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the cream and beat until well combined.
4. Pour the cream cheese mixture into the biscuit base. Place on a baking tray. Bake in oven for 1 hour 10 mins or until the cheesecake is just set in the centre. Turn the oven off. Leave the cheesecake in the oven, with the door slightly ajar, for 2 hours or until cooled
FOR THE TOPPING
– Combine the corn flour and water in a small bowl. Transfer to a saucepan. Scoop out the pulp of the passion fruit & add to pan with extra sugar. Place over medium heat and cook, stirring, for 2-3minutes or until the mixture boils and thickens. Set aside to cool slightly. Pour over cheesecake. Place in fridge until set and enjoy!
Hi I’m Karyn Ryan, Mum to four & totally addicted to baking, absolutely passionate about getting kids into the kitchen to bake, my inspiration comes from my kids who always come up with mad ideas for Cakes & Cookies! I have been known on numerous occasions to bake a cake for dinner! I was very lucky to win two awards in the Easy Food Magazine Home Cook Hero Awards in 2011 & 2012 for baking.