Baked Salmon Recipe by The Wonky Spatula with wine pairing
Enjoy this deliciously healthy version of a classic pairing of salmon and hollandaise!
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free & Paleo.
– 2 fresh Salmon darns
– juice and zest of 1/4 of a lemon
– handful of asparagus stalks
– coconut oil
– salt & pepper
For the Sauce
– 2 egg yolks
– 1 tbsp water
– 4 tbsp coconut oil, solid
– juice of 1/4-1/2 a lemon
– salt & pepper to season
1. Preheat your oven to 200°c/392°F.
2. Layout a sheet of tin foil on top of a baking dish and rub some coconut oil onto the foil.
3. Pat the salmon dry with some kitchen roll and place on top of the tinfoil. Pour the lemon juice over the salmon, place the zest on top and season.
4. Parcel the salmon up, ensuring that it is completely sealed before baking in the oven for 9 minutes.
5. In the meantime prepare the sauce: Set up a large saucepan filled with water, allow to boil before reducing to a low simmer.
6. In a large bowl, whisk together the yolks and the water and place over the saucepan. Allow the yolks to cook gently for 1-2 minutes, whisking continuously.
7. One by one, add the tablespoons of coconut oil, whisking constantly until each has melted before adding the next.
8. Remove from the heat and add the lemon juice, starting with 1/4 of a lemon and adding more to taste. This will depend on how lemony you like your sauce, season as desired.
9. Remove the salmon from the oven, leaving the parcel sealed until you are ready to serve.
10. Snap the stalks off the asparagus and add to a hot griddle pan with some coconut oil and sear for 1-2 minutes.
11. Plate up and enjoy!
WINE PAIRING…BY SUZANNE REDMOND
Our recommended Wine Pairing for this Recipe
Leyda Sauvignon Blanc Garuma €16.99
Sauvignon Blanc 2013
On the nose this wine has a lovely creamy minerality singing out of it along with herbal and citrus aromas. It truly has a beautiful nose.
This wine has a wonderful crispness with the creamy minerality coming through on the mid-palate. It also has a lovely texture with a herbaceous touch and a light salty undertone.
A lovely wine to balance with this beautiful dish. The herbaceous tone will pair with the asparagus whilst the mineral tones will make the salmon pop and the acidity will cut through the creamy sauce to leave a fresh palate.
Available from O’Brien’s Wines Nationwide or Online.
[su_note note_color=”#eeede9″]RECIPE BY THE WONKY SPATULA[/su_note]
Food is my passion! I spend every spare minute I have experimenting in the kitchen! I am constantly coming up with clean alternatives to junk foods in order to promote healthy eating in a unique and exciting way. My recipes are gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo and occasionally vegan. I hope you enjoy this recipe and after having a look through my blog are inspired to try new things!
[su_button url=”https://www.facebook.com/TheWonkySpatula” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#171c83″ color=”#ffffff” size=”6″ radius=”0″ icon=”icon: facebook-square” icon_color=”#ffffff”]The Wonky Spatula[/su_button] [su_button url=”https://twitter.com/thewonkyspatula” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#3173c2″ color=”#ffffff” size=”6″ radius=”0″ icon=”icon: twitter-square” icon_color=”#ffffff”]The Wonky Spatula[/su_button]