Balsamic Roast Chicken Recipe from the Ketogenic Kitchen Cookbook
This balsamic roast chicken recipe from the Ketogenic Kitchen cookbook is pure ease. The perfect quick midweek meal, this one pan wonder is low in carbohydrates but packed with flavour with shaved parmesan, rocket and roast tomatoes.
–4 chicken breasts, skin on
–2 tbsp olive oil
–Few tablespoons balsamic vinegar
–1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
–Few cloves of peeled garlic
–Some thyme or rosemary if you have it
–Salt and pepper
–250g cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
–20g Parmesan or Pecorino, shaved
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Plop the chicken into a roasting tray (wash your hands!) and pour over the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and Worcestershire sauce.
3. Add in some garlic and herbs and season well, then add the cherry tomatoes (or leave them out if you hate them).
4. Cover the roasting tray with a baking tray to form a lid (this just stops it drying out too much, but foil will do) and cook for about 10 minutes.
5. Remove the lid/tin foil, turn the chicken pieces over and baste with the cooking juices.
6. Give it another blast for another 5–10 minutes, until the chicken is fully cooked through. If you aren’t sure or if your chicken breasts are ginormous, then just slice one in half length ways and give it a few more minutes if it looks a little pink.
7. Arrange the rocket on four plates, top with chicken and some tomatoes and loads of the cooking juices (which is like a warm and simple vinaigrette).
8. Top with some Parmesan shavings and serve.
In The Ketogenic Kitchen Domini and Patricia share with you exciting nutritional developments which reveal that a diet low in carbohydrates and high in fat, in conjunction with the treatment recommended by medical professionals, offers new hope and protection against many chronic illnesses. This food philosophy also has the welcoming side effects of weight loss and management, higher energy levels and glowing good health. Whether you are facing treatment, going through recovery or simply want to choose food that helps to keep you healthy in the long term, Domini and Patricia’s fantastic new book will be your best friend in the kitchen, packed with revolutionary advice and delicious recipes. The authors also share their startling personal stories of battling cancer and their research into ground-breaking new ways to feed your body for optimal health.
The Ketogenic Kitchen is published by Gill Books and can be purchased at www.gillbooks.ie.