Chia Bia seeds are packed with brain-boosting omegas. They work quite well with milkshake fans or as homemade fruit smoothies for a tasty treat. A nutrient-rich fruit shake is a marvellous way to top up on your five-a-day.
– 1 medium banana
– 100g strawberries, hulled and frozen
– 30g blueberries, frozen
– 1 tbsp Milled Blueberry & Chia Bia mix / Milled Cranberry & Chia Mix
– 1 tsp honey
– 100g Greek yogurt
– 200mls milk
1. Take the banana from the freezer and leave at room temperature for 10 minutes before using.
2. Place all of the ingredient, expect a few of the frozen blueberries, into a blender and blitz, for about 1 minute, until smooth.
3. Pour into a chilled flake, and add the few extra frozen blueberries to act as little ice-cubes.
Nessa Robbins Chia Bia, Ireland’s leading Chia producers, are thrilled to be working with food writer and blogger Nessa Robins of Nessa’s Family Kitchen. Nessa’s recipes have been featured in the national newspapers and magazines, as well as many on-line sites, including EUMOM, Avonmore.ie, RTE food and The Irish Times to name a few! Having worked as a nurse for many years, her experience in the health sector has impacted on her approach to food and has greatly influenced her recipes and how she feeds her own family. Nessa is the ‘Family Food Expert’ with Irish parenting magazine, Easy Parenting and has a ‘Home Nurse Column’ with The Farmer’s Journal – Irish Country Living, combining her training as a nurse with her passion for food. For more information on Nessa visit nessasfamilykitchen.blogspot.ie.