This banana bread recipe is from BOSH! The Cookbook.
Is it a dessert? Is it a breakfast? We can’t decide. Is it tasty? Hell yes. Want to know what makes this amazing recipe even better? Spread some peanut butter on top. Oh my goodness it’s insane. Or dairy-free ice cream to turn it into a whopper of a dessert.
Makes one loaf
– 250g plain flour
– 75g light brown sugar
– 75g white sugar
– 1½ tbsp cocoa powder
– ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
– ½ tsp salt
– ½ tsp ground allspice
– 110g dairy-free butter
– 3 ripe bananas
– 60ml almond milk
– 2 tbsp maple syrup
– 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 60g dark chocolate
– 50g pecans
1. Preheat oven to 170°C.
2. Line a 1kg loaf tin with parchment paper.
3. Pour all the ingredients except the dark chocolate and pecans into the food processor and whizz them to a thick mixture.
4. Take out the blade and scrape any excess mixture back into the bowl.
5. Break the dark chocolate and pecans into small pieces and tip them into the bowl. Mix everything together.
6. Pour the mixture into the lined loaf tin and put it in the oven . Bake for 60–65 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the middle of the loaf comes out clean.
7. Take the tin out of the oven and leave the bread to cool to room temperature | Remove the bread from the tin and cut it into slices to serve.
Henry Firth and Ian Theasby, creators of the world’s biggest and fastest-growing plant-based platform, BOSH!, are the new faces of the food revolution.
BOSH! The Cookbook contains over 140 incredibly easy plant based recipes.
Whether you’re already sold on the plant-based lifestyle or you simply want to incorporate more meat, dairy and egg-free meals into your week, BOSH! The Cookbook is your plant-based bible.