Banana & Peanut Butter Protein Pancakes Recipe By My Nutrition Ireland
These delicious banana and peanut butter pancake recipe, it’s perfect for anyone after a workout, run or training session the day before. Adding a dash of cinnamon or cloves add a delicious warmth to this recipe, These pancakes cook very quickly, so keep an eye on them, not to burn them. You can add the scoop of protein powder or replace with actual peanut butter if you wish. Also add only egg whites instead of whole eggs to lower Cholesterol in this recipe. Dark chocolate chips melting on top when they are ready to serve are just delicious with banana pancakes!
– 2 ripe bananas
– 2 eggs (or chia eggs for vegans)
– 1/2 tsp baking powder
– 1 tsp vanilla
– 1 tsp orange zest (optional)
– 1 scoop of plant based peanut butter protein powder (or any flavour)
1. Blend all your ingredients together with a hand blender/ food processor or mixer, until smooth. (Or just mashed the bananas and mix with eggs & rest of ingredients, set aside).
2. Thinly spread a tiny amount of oil with a kitchen paper towel on your pre-heated non-stick pan on a medium heat.
3. Spread 2 Tablespoons of the banana batter to form a pancake and let it cook for 3-4 minutes on each side on medium to low heat.
4. Serve with your favourite toppings! We love Greek yogurt and berries, with a dash of maple syrup. We made the hot chocolate sauce, melting dark chocolate and a little coconut milk, serve hot!!
My Nutrition Ireland is a Nutritional & Health Consultancy, set up by Thomas Coleman and Jeeny Maltese in 2013. Understanding the importance of Health, how it impacts on people’s well-being & performance. Jeeny Maltese is a chef, passionate about Food & Health. A talented chef described as a “Latin Nigella Lawson”. Tom Coleman, a Nutritionist with a background in Science & Health Promotion, with a life time passion in Health, Sports & Science.