This is an incredibly tasty beef short ribs recipe that is the perfect comfort food to eat anytime of year. Slow cooked, fall off the bone beef, coated in a sweet and a sticky BBQ glaze makes this beef rib recipe truly irresistible. Go on, spoil yourselves!
– 5 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
– 5 tbsp soya sauce
– 3 tbsp tomato ketchup
– 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
– 1 tbsp smoked paprika
– 1 tbsp sugar
– A handful of sesame seeds
– 3 sprigs chopped thyme
– 1kg beef ribs from your local Craft Butcher
– Pinch of salt and cracked black pepper
1. Mix all the ingredients above in a bowl (the meat as well), cover with cling film and allow to marinate in the fridge for an hour before cooking.
2. Preheat the oven to 170C.
3. Place the whole lot into a cooking bag and onto a roasting tray. Cover with tin foil.
4. Cook for hour and a half to two hours keeping an eye on them every twenty minutes.
5. Depending on the size of the ribs they may take longer in the oven.
6. Once the meat is nearly falling off the bone they are perfect to eat.
7. For the last 10-15 minsuteswhack the oven up nice and high to 190C and remove the ribs from the cooking bag, to allow the marinade to caramelize and get crispy and sticky.
8. Serve with some dressed rocket, parmesan shaving and halved cherry vine tomatoes.