BBQ Chicken Satay with Cucumber Salad Recipe by Catherine Fulvio
These BBQ chicken satay sticks are a real hit with my children. They can even be made on cocktail sticks and served with a satay dip as canapés. Here, we remove them from the skewers and place them in wraps – this is the perfect BBQ chicken recipe.
– 4 skinless chicken breasts, cubed
– 1 red pepper, cut into 2cm dice
– salt and freshly ground black pepper
– sunflower oil
For the marinade:
– 100ml natural yoghurt
– 3 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
– 3 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
For the cucumber salad:
– 1 cucumber, halved lengthways, deseeded and thinly sliced
– 1 red onion, thinly sliced
– 1 lemon, juice only
– 1 tbsp Thai fish sauce (nam pla)
– 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves
– 4 tbsp mayonnaise
– 4 tbsp mango chutney
– 4 flour tortilla wraps
1. First, soak 8 skewers if you are using wooden ones so they don’t burn on the BBQ.
2. Place the natural yoghurt, peanut butter and sweet chilli sauce in a bowl and mix together. Add the cubed chicken and coat well. The chicken can be left in this marinade for 2–3
hours in the fridge or overnight.
3. To prepare the cucumber salad, mix together the cucumber, red onion, lemon juice, Thai fish sauce and coriander in a large bowl. Chill until ready to serve.
4. Preheat the BBQ to a medium heat.
5. Shake off any excess marinade from the chicken. Thread the chicken pieces onto the skewers, alternating with the diced red pepper. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Brush the BBQ rungs with oil. Place the skewers on the BBQ and cook, turning from time to time, until browned and cooked through.
7. Mix the mayonnaise with the mango chutney and spread on each of the wraps. Drain the cucumber and onion mixture and place in the centre of the wrap. Using 2 skewers for each wrap, slide off the diced chicken and red peppers and place on top of the cucumber salad. Roll up and serve immediately.
[su_note note_color=”#eeede9″]RECIPE FROM ‘CATHERINE’S FAMILY KITCHEN’ BY CATHERINE FULVIO[/su_note]
Being married to an Italian, has introduced Catherine Fulvio to a whole new culinary world. The ingredients they use, all easily accessible in Ireland, have inspired much of her professional cooking life.
Her cookbook Catherine’s Family Kitchen, contains over 100 recipes that are geared to those who love good food but have busy, modern lifestyles. Practical, easy to make and truly delicious, her recipes make home made cooking approachable and uncomplicated.
Catherine Fulvio is the proprietor of the Ballyknocken House & Cookery School, Co Wicklow and one of Ireland’s top television culinary stars. Her previous books Catherine’s Italian Kitchen, Catherine’s Family Kitchen, Eat Like an Italian and The Weekend Chef were all bestsellers.
Catherine’s Family Kitchen is published by Gill Books, and is available to buy on www.gillbooks.ie.
[su_button url=”https://www.facebook.com/catherinefulviochef” style=”flat” background=”#3f52a4″ radius=”0″ icon=”icon: facebook-square”]CatherineFulvioChef[/su_button] [su_button url=”https://twitter.com/Cfulvio” style=”flat” background=”#52a7ec” radius=”0″ icon=”icon: twitter-square”]CFulvio[/su_button]
MORE RECIPES BY CATHERINE FULVIO
[TT-FOURBLOCK ID=”61140, 61139, 453, 43874″]