Cote de Boeuf is a beautiful cut of meat, it can deliver amazing flavour and great satisfaction when done right, so here some simple steps to follow so you can perfect it every time. This BBQ Cote de Boeuf recipe from ASADOR is the ultimate steak dish.
– 1kg of Cote De Boeuf
For the chimichurri dressing
–50g fresh oregano
–100g fresh parsley
–½ one red chili
–1 clove of garlic
–1 large shallot
–100ml extra virgin olive oil
–1 tsp smoked paprika
–1 tsp ground cumin
–½ tsp ground coriander
–10ml sherry vinegar
For the onion rings
–1 Large onion
For the steak:
1. The success of your BBQ meal is in the preparation, get your BBQ HOT, and have your garnish prepared. (Cooking your steak is a last minute affair.)
2. Make sure your steak is at room temperature; take it out from the fridge at least 30-40 minutes before you plan on cooking it.
3. Always season your steak just before cooking it, good quality salt and pepper will do the trick but you can always experiment with more spices. At ASADOR we use our own mix of red and pink peppercorns, coriander seeds and chili flakes.
4. Oil your steak using high burning temperature vegetable oil like rapeseed oil not extra virgin olive oil which will burn easily and taste bitter. Our choice at ASADOR is a glaze from duck fat, butter and oil which we infuse with garlic, thyme and rosemary.
5. Make sure your BBQ is VERY HOT and place the steak on the grill. Your aim is to achieve a nice dark crust on all sides; while keeping the inside nice and moist. If your grill is as hot as our ASADOR you may need to turn a little bit more regularly to avoid burning the meat.
6. A nice Cote de Boeuf should be around 1 Kg, that’s a lot of meat so cooking it to temperature is little bit different. For a bigger cut of meat such as the Cote de Boeuf use the lid of your barbecue if you have one.
7. After you seal your steak on all sides move it to a cooler side of the grill and close the lid. Cook it with the lid on for 3 to 5 minutes (according to the thickness of the meat) then flip and repeat. If your barbecue does not come with a lid you can use the kitchen oven, 180 degrees Celsius will do the trick. This will finish off your joint and ensure the centre is cooked through.
8. When you are happy with how it’s cooked, put the steak on rack to REST, this step is crucial for a Cote de Boeuf, be patient and allow at least 10 minutes even 15-20 minutes for a bigger piece. When serving just heat up on the grill.
For the chimichurri dressing:
1. For the dressing simply chop up the oregano, fresh parsley, chilli, garlic and shallot.
2. Add the ingredients to the olive oil, spices and sherry vinegar and blitz the ingredients together in a blender for roughly 1 minute -it’s that simple!
For the onion rings:
1. Chop one large onion into thin strips.
2. Cover the onion slices in flour and shake off any excess flour.
3. Deep fry in oil at 180 degrees Celsius until golden brown.
We use wood chips to smoke our steaks or fish during cooking, it can add a whole new dimension to your barbecue experience and it is very easy to do. Just soak the wood chips in water and throw them in the charcoal while you are cooking with the lid on.
From Cote de Boeuf to Lamb Skewers to flame seared seafood, Asador caters for all tastes, with an exciting Latin influence and an extensive cocktail menu on offer.