Beef Curry Recipe By Amelia Freer
This Beef Curry Recipe comes from Amanda’s first book Eat. Nourish Glow. Amanda aims to get everyone to eat fresh and healthy food.
– 410g organic stewing steak, cut into cubes 1 400g tin organic coconut milk
– 1 large onion, peeled and diced
– 2 garlic cloves, (keep whole to remove at the end)
– 3cm cube of fresh ginger, peeled and cut into thin slices
– 1 small red chillies, finely sliced (I keep the seeds in as I like the heat but remove for milder version)
– 2 star anise
– 2 tbsp ground cumin
– 2 tbsp ground coriander
– 250ml fresh beef or chicken stock or water
– 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-sized chunks 10 cherry tomatoes
– 40g spinach
– 1 tbsp fish sauce
– Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper Fresh coriander, to serve
1. Put all of the ingredients except the sweet potatoes, tomatoes, spinach and fish sauce into the slow cooker.
2. Stir and add a generous pinch of salt and pepper.
3. Set the slow cooker to high, cover with the lid and leave to cook for 5 hours.
4. Alternatively, set the slow cooker to low and leave to cook overnight.
5. Before serving, add the sweet potatoes, tomatoes and fish sauce and cook for a further 30 minutes, then stir in the spinach.
6. Sprinkle the coriander over the top and serve.
For more information on Eat. Nourish. Glow. contact Ann-Marie.Dolan@harpercollins.co.uk