This Bia Burger Recipe was created especially by BuJo Culinary Director, Gráinne O’Keeffe, to celebrate being named the Bord Bia Just Ask Restaurant of the Month for February 2018.
Makes 4 burgers
– 8 100g 100% grass fed beef patties
– 120g Cashel blue cheese
– 50ml cream
– 1 large white onions
– 20ml balsamic vinegar
– 10ml rapeseed oil
– 15g butter
– 10g demerara sugar
– 120g white truffle mayonnaise
– 4 brioche buns
1. Heat the oil in a pan, add the sliced onion and cook on a medium heat until brown.
2. Add the sugar, butter and balsamic vinegar and continue to cook until caramelised and there’s no liquid left in the pan (45 minutes). Season with salt and pepper.
3. In a food processor, blend the cheese and cream until a smooth mousse is formed and set aside.
4. Season each of your beef patties with salt and pepper and chargrill for 3 minutes on each side. Then take 4 of your beef patties, top with cheese and chargrill again until the cheese is melted. Add the remaining 4 beef patties on top of the melted cheese to make a double burger.
5. Toast the brioche buns until golden brown.
6. Add the truffle mayo and caramelised onions.
7. Place the cooked burgers on top on the brioche buns, then they are ready to serve.
Bord Bia’s Just Ask initiative was established in 2009 to recognise restaurants across the country that demonstrate best practice both in sourcing local produce, and profiling suppliers on their menus.
BuJo (short for ‘Burger Joint’) in Sandymount has just been awarded Just Ask Restaurant of the Month for February by food writer Georgina Campbell and Bord Bia.
This post is sponsored by Bord Bia and the Just Ask Campaign. For additional information on Just Ask or to find out how to get involved, visit www.bordbia.ie.