It’s about time to celebrate spring and this lovely seasonal salad is perfect just for that. It is light, healthy yet filling and so delicious. The combination of flavours in this salad recipe will get your taste buds excited and confused…but in the end it will blow you away and leave craving more…
This is for a large bowl of salad that you can either serve for 2 people or separate into portions as a part of a weekly meal prep.
– 1 cup cooked quinoa
– 1 cup soaked bulgur wheat
– ½ cup red cabbage
– 1 tbsp rice (red wine/white wine) vinegar
– 1 tbsp honey
– 2 blood oranges
– Fresh mint leaves
– Chilli (to taste)
– Salt, freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Simmer quinoa in a lightly salted water.
2. Soak bulgur wheat in lightly salted water with some blood orange juice.
3. For pickled cabbage – grate of shred cabbage into thin slivers, add rice vinegar, honey, juice of 1/2 blood orange, salt, pepper. Mix and leave for 5-10 mins.
4. In a large bowl – mix quinoa and bulgur wheat.
5. Squeeze juice of 1 ½ blood oranges, add salt and pepper to taste
6. Add some segments of blood oranges, finely chopped chilli, mint,
7. Mix and garnish with some fresh mint leaves. You can enjoy this salad on its own or serve it as a side dish.
With a background in clinical nutrition and pharmaceutical sciences Jelena is a self-proclaimed foodie. She combines love and passion for cooking with unique skill of being able to create dishes that taste great and are of a high nutritional value, making sure you eat the best when you do.
Her kitchen is the food lab full of soul and passion where she happily spends hours experimenting. Her recipe collection is like a treasure chest that has something for each and every one.