Blackberry, Kiwi and Papaya Smoothie Recipe
This delicious smoothie recipe is suitable for vegans. It is gluten free and dairy free. Blackberries are a low-calorie fruit packed with vitamin C, and they give a vibrant colour to this smoothie.
– 240ml almond milk
– 60g blackberries, plus 3 extra to serve
– 1⁄2 banana
– 1 tsp flaxseeds
– 1 kiwi, sliced
– 2 papaya slices
– 1 tsp sunflower seeds
1. Make the smoothie by blending the almond milk, blackberries, and banana in a blender until smooth.
2. Add the flaxseeds and blend again until well combined.
3. Pour the smoothie into a serving bowl. (If the smoothie isn’t firm enough, put it in the freezer for 15 minutes.)
4. Add the kiwi, papaya, and extra blackberries, and sprinkle over the sunflower seeds.
Heather Whinney is an experienced home economist, cookery writer and food stylist. She was a freelance food editor at BBC Good Food, she was also the cookery school manager at Cordon Vert, where she developed her love of writing recipes. Healthy bowl food has become one of the biggest healthy food trends around; tasty and nourishing ingredients layered in comforting bowls that keep you energised and feeling great. What makes 100 Weight Loss Bowls so unique is that every dish comes in at under 300, 400 or 600 calories. Each recipe is is clearly labelled to show you whether it is vegan, vegetarian or gluten free, so there’s something for everyone.
100 Weight Loss Bowls is published by DK and is priced at €16.99