Healthy breakfasts can be quick and easy with this make-ahead Blueberry and Lemon Chia Seed Pudding. Chia seeds are so versatile and amazingly can be turned into beautifully creamy puddings that are perfectly suitable for a healthy breakfast. Chia puddings are also one of the handiest breakfasts going. Rather than make individual portions, just make a big batch in one go and keep in the fridge for breakfast for up to five days.
This recipe takes five minutes to make and provides 4 to 6 servings; the perfect make-ahead option when you want a healthy homemade breakfast but are short on time in the mornings. In the morning time, just spoon a few tablespoons of chia pudding into a bowl and top with yoghurt, fresh fruit or berries and toasted nuts and there is your tasty and healthy breakfast.
– 1/2 cup chia seeds
– 2 1/2 cups almond milk
– 1 cup blueberries
– Juice of one lemon
– 2 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
– Pinch sea salt
– Coconut cream or yoghurt
– Fresh mint
– Toasted nuts
1. Blend the almond milk, blueberries, lemon juice, maple syrup and sea salt in a blender.
2. Pour into a large bowl and add the chia seeds. Immediately mix well using a fork; its very important to mix well to avoid the chia seeds clumping together.
3. Cover and keep in the fridge overnight.
4. The next morning, serve the chia seed pudding, topped with coconut cream or yoghurt and a sprig of mint leaves. This lasts in the fridge for up to five days.
Frances Walsh is the creator and writer behind healthy lifestyle blog, The Honest Project. The Honest Project focuses on plant based eating and cooking, using vegetables, fruits and wholefoods. Frances’ interest is in preparing and eating foods that are made from scratch but are practical and easy to make for even the most inexperienced cook.
For more information visit thehonestproject.com.