This simple loaf is a delicious way to use up a punnet of juicy blueberries. It’s quick to make up and the lime really works alongside the blueberries. A cream cheese buttercream is used as a delicious frosting and topped with some more blueberries and lime slices.
– 175g softened butter, plus extra for greasing
– 100ml tub low Fat Natural /Greek yogurt
– 2 tbsp good lemon curd
– 3 eggs
– zest and juice 1 lime, plus extra zest to serve, if you like
– 200g self-raising flour
– 175g caster sugar
– 200g punnet of blueberries
Cream Cheese Frosting
– 300g icing sugar
– 125g cream cheese
– 50g unsalted softened butter
– 1tsp vanilla extract
1. Heat oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3. Grease a 2lb loaf tin and line with a long strip of baking parchment or use a baking paper loaf insert.
2. Put 100g yogurt, 2 tbsp lemon curd, the softened butter, eggs, lime zest & juice, flour and caster sugar into a large mixing bowl. Quickly mix with an electric whisk until the batter just comes together. Scrape half into the prepared tin.
3. Weigh 85g blueberries from the punnet, dredge in flour (this stops them from sinking) and sprinkle half into the tin.
4. Scrape the rest of the batter on top, then scatter the other half of the berries on top.
5. Bake for 70 mins until golden, and a skewer poked into the centre comes out clean. If the top begins to brown too quickly cover with tin foil.
6. Cool in the tin, then carefully lift onto a serving plate to ice.
7. Sift the icing sugar into a bowl and add cream cheese, butter & vanilla extract.
8. Mix with electric mixer until stiff.
9. Spread over cooled cake and decorate with blueberries & lime slices.
10. Leave in fridge for 30 mins before serving.
Hi I’m Karyn Ryan, Mum to four & totally addicted to baking, absolutely passionate about getting kids into the kitchen to bake, my inspiration comes from my kids who always come up with mad ideas for Cakes & Cookies! I have been known on numerous occasions to bake a cake for dinner! I was very lucky to win two awards in the Easy Food Magazine Home Cook Hero Awards in 2011 & 2012 for baking.