From Bord Bia, this Sensational Summer Potato Salad recipe is the perfect healthy summer treat, especially with fresh ingredients like mint and baby lettuce.
– 100g Queens potatoes, cut in half
– 2 heads of baby gem lettuce (or any leafy lettuce)
– 30g peas, these can be frozen
– 30 broad beans, these can be frozen
– 2 runner beans, sliced
– 1 mozzarella ball (125g)
– 4 slices of ham (or sliced ham if preferred)
– 1tbsp extra virgin olive oil
– Juice of ½ lemon
– ½ tsp Dijon mustard
– 5 sprigs fresh mint
1. Cook the potatoes in salted boiling water until tender, 10 minutes or so. Drain and leave to cool whilst you prepare the other ingredients.
2. Now bring a small saucepan of water to the boil, add the runner beans and broad beans and cook for 3 minutes, add the peas and cook for a further 2 minutes, drain into the colander with the potatoes.
3. Make the dressing by simply mixing the olive oil, lemon and Dijon mustard, season with salt and milled pepper. Take a bowl and toss the potatoes and vegetables in the dressing.
4. Take a large platter plate, cut the baby gem into quarters and arrange onto the plate.
5. Scatter over the vegetables. Tear the mozzarella over the salad and do the same with the ham. Finally sprinkle over the mint and pour over any remaining dressing and serve.
– Other vegetables that be used are, courgettes, green beans, asparagus.
‘Potatoes: More Than A Bit On The Side’ is a three year EU-funded campaign for the promotion of fresh potatoes run by Bord Bia and AHDB Potatoes on behalf of the potato industries in Ireland and Great Britain.
Potato consumption in Ireland has been in decline over the past decade, particularly with 22-44 year old women. There are also many health-based misconceptions around potatoes which this campaign is looking to tackle. We all live busy lives and require convenience in our cooking. Potatoes can provide healthy, quick solutions for innovative meal ideas.
For more information and recipes, visit www.potato.ie