Braised Asian Mushrooms Recipe By My Nutrition Ireland
It is the perfect time of the year to enjoy this Braised Mushroom Recipe! The incredible selection of mushrooms available in Ireland today, it is a cooks delight, cooked in any way, mushrooms contain protein, fibre, B vitamins and a powerful antioxidant called selenium, which helps to support the immune system and prevent damage to cells and tissues. Much needed at this time of the year!
– 1 Tbsp vegetable oil (or other neutral flavoured oil)
– 400g mushrooms, (any type) King Oysters, shiitake, enoki, beech mushrooms
– 2 garlic cloves , minced
– 2 tsp sesame oil
– 5 spring onions
– 1 carrot, sliced thinly
– 1 Tbsp dark soy sauce
– 1 Tbsp Oyster sauce (or Hoisin, Note 4)
– 2 tsp Hoisin sauce (or more Oyster sauce)
– 1 Tbsp mirin (Note 5)
1. Mix Sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
2. Cut spring onions into 2″ lengths.
3. Heat oil in a large wok over high heat. Add mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes.
4. Add the garlic, carrots and sesame oil, cook until mushrooms and garlic are golden.
5. Add Sauce, give it a quick stir. Add spring onions. Cook 1 minute until mushrooms are caramelised.
6. Add green part of spring onions and toss well, adding water if needed to make it saucy.
7. Serve immediately! with noodles or rice.
My Nutrition Ireland is a Nutritional & Health Consultancy, set up by Thomas Coleman and Jeeny Maltese in 2013. Understanding the importance of Health, how it impacts on people’s well-being & performance. Jeeny Maltese is a chef, passionate about Food & Health. A talented chef described as a “Latin Nigella Lawson”. Tom Coleman, a Nutritionist with a background in Science & Health Promotion, with a life time passion in Health, Sports & Science.