This Brazilian style chicken salad recipe is inspired by the classic Brazilian street food salpicão. It’s often served with the chips mixed in, but you can serve them on the side if you prefer.
– 2 tsp olive oil
– 2 tsp smoked paprika
– 2 medium potatoes (about 700g)
– 1 green apple
– 1.5 limes
– 400g cooked chicken
– 50g raisins
– 4 tbsp mayonnaise
– 25g coriander
– 4 white seeded rolls
1. Heat the oven to 220 C / 200 C fan / gas 7.
2. Mix the oil with 1 tsp of smoked paprika, season with salt and pepper, then toss with the chips.
3. Spread out on a large baking sheet and cook for 30 minutes. Allow to cool slightly.
4. Meanwhile, quarter, core and slice the apple into thin wedges and put in a large bowl.
5. Squeeze the juice of ½ a lime, then add the chicken and raisins.
6. In another bowl, mix the mayonnaise with the zest and juice of one lime, 1sp smoked paprika and the coriander.
7. Stir 3 tsp of the dressing into the chicken salad, then add the cooked fries, gentle toss if desired.
8. Serve on a platter with rolls and the remaining dressing on the side.
All ingredients are available from Marks & Spencer.
This summer Marks & Spencer is celebrating the best of the Americas with the launch Spirit of Summer –consisting of 300 delicious new food and drink products.
The food experts at Marks & Spencer have travelled throughout Central and South America, as well as to the Southern States of the USA, visiting street food stalls, scouring restaurants and pop ups to find the latest food trends and dishes, creating the most exciting Marks & Spencer summer offering yet.
Bursting with innovation, Spirit of Summer is full of exotic and powerful flavours to take you on an exotic trip to warmer climes. Tangy explosions of tropical fruits like Lime, Pineapple, Mango and Guava appear in everything from Salmon Skewers with Lime, Chilli and Mint to Cucumber & Lemon Agua Fresca.
Marks & Spencer offers an extensive range of food and wine. There are 17 stores in the Republic of Ireland. To find your nearest store visit www.marksandspencer.ie