Breakfast Banana Bread Recipe with a Honey and Cereal Topping
This Banana Bread Recipe from M&S is an easy to make, nutritious breakfast option. Make once and have breakfast sorted for the whole week.
– 100g unsalted butter
– 3 large ripe banana
– 150g runny honey
– 2 medium eggs
– 0.5 tsp ground cinnamon
– 225g wholemeal flour
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 100g Cranberry and Blueberry Great Grains Cereal
1. Heat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4.
2. Lightly grease and line a 1kg loaf tin. Peel and roughly chop 2 of the bananas.
3. Place the butter, honey, eggs, chopped bananas, cinnamon, flour and baking powder in a food processor, and blend until smooth.
4. Decant into a large mixing bowl, and stir through 75g cereal.
5. Spoon the mixture into the tin.
6. Slice the remaining banana into long, thin lengths and lay these lengthways over the surface of the mixture.
7. Scatter over the remaining cereal, and bake on the middle shelf for 40-45 minutes, until golden and firm to the touch.
8. Remove from the oven and drizzle over a little honey.
9. Allow the loaf to cool in the tin for at least 30 minutes before removing and cutting into slices.
10. Serve warm or at room temperature.
All ingredients are available from Marks & Spencer.
Marks & Spencer offers an extensive range of food and wine. There are 17 stores in the Republic of Ireland. To find your nearest store visit www.marksandspencer.ie.