Honey and Lemon Breakfast Bars Recipe by Deliciously Ella
This honey and lemon breakfast bars recipe is so simple to make. They are so easy to carry around and they are full of flavour. They also freeze very well, so you can make a big batch and they’ll last you a long time. If you like a sweet snack in the afternoon, too, take an extra bar with you to enjoy later in the day.
– 1 tbsp coconut oil
– 3 tbsp runny honey
– Juice and finely grated zest of 1 unwaxed lemon
– 1 tbsp tahini
– 70g pumpkin seeds
– 6 medjool dates, pitted
– 110g oats
– 2 tbsp chia seeds
– Pinch of salt
1. Melt the coconut oil, honey, lemon juice and tahini together in a pan over a gentle heat.
2. Put the pumpkin seeds into a food processor and pulse a few times until they are roughly chopped. Tip into a large mixing bowl.
3. Put the dates in the food processor and blend until a sticky paste forms.
4. Add this to the pumpkin seeds with all the other ingredients, including the contents of the pan (and not forgetting the lemon zest).
5. Mix thoroughly until everything is evenly coated.
6. Line a baking tray or large lunch box with baking parchment, spoon in the mixture and press it down evenly.
7. Place in the fridge for about 2 hours to set. Cut into squares or slices before serving.
Launched in January 2017, the much-anticipated new cookbook from Deliciously Ella, the inspirational bestselling food writer who has taken the cookery world by storm.
Ella makes life simple with her menus – whether you are planning a laid-back brunch, a last-minute lunch or a fancy supper, she has it covered with hearty and filling recipes that celebrate her natural eating philosophy. With ideas and inspiration for every foodie occasion, including cosy nights in for one, easy kitchen suppers, birthday parties, picnics and mocktails and cocktails, this is the go-to book for anyone who wants to make simpler, healthier food choices – that they can enjoy with friends and family.
Deliciously Ella with Friends is available to buy on Amazon.