The Brunch Burger Recipe from The Wonky Spatula
This Brunch Burger Recipe is from The Wonky Spatula.
Brunch is without a doubt one of my favourite meal times – it makes it socially acceptable to have anything from buffalo wings at 10am, to poached eggs and bacon at 4pm all under the wonderful umbrella of brunching! As you know I am a serious turkey burger fan, this Brunch
Burger transforms your Friday night leftovers into a decedent weekend feast! Of course you can use any type of burger you like, personally, I’ll be reaching for one of these and adding some extra relish to the mix this weekend!
– 2 cooked burgers of your choice
– 2 eggs
– 1 large onion, thinly sliced
– 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
– 1 large handful of alfalfa sprouts
– 2 peppers, finely sliced
– 1/2 tsp coconut oil
– Pinch of coarse salt & cracked black pepper
– Optional – assorted herbs & spices of your choice
1. In a large pan heat the coconut oil and saute the onion for 2-3 minutes until it starts to become translucent.
2. Next, add the peppers and cook for a further 2-3 minutes, adding some water (about 1/4 cup) to speed up the process.
3. Once the water has evaporated add in the spring onions & alfalfa sprouts, followed by a good pinch of coarse salt & black pepper (if you are going to add any additional herbs/spices now is the time to do so too).
4. Reduce the heat and allow to cook away gently while you heat the burgers and fry your eggs.
5. Serve and enjoy!
Food is my passion! I spend every spare minute I have experimenting in the kitchen! I am constantly coming up with clean alternatives to junk foods in order to promote healthy eating in a unique and exciting way. My recipes are gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo and occasionally vegan. I hope you enjoy this recipe and after having a look through my blog are inspired to try new things!