My weeknight meals have 3 boxes to tick; quick, easy & delicious. This Buttery Pan-fried Hake recipe certainly ticks all 3! I especially love making a double portion of this and bringing it in my bag for lunch on the go!
– 1 hake fillet
– 250g sprouts
– 2 slices of back bacon
– 200g button mushrooms
– 2 tsp coconut oil
– 20g grassfed butter
– 1/8 tsp oregano
– 1/8 tsp garlic granules
– Coarse salt & black pepper
– Fresh parsley to serve
1. Heat a large frying pan with 1 tsp coconut oil and fry off the bacon until crispy and golden.
2. In the meantime steam the sprouts for 3-4 minutes until tender.
3. Remove the bacon from the pan and add the mushrooms, oregano, garlic granules and a pinch of coarse salt.
4. Lightly saute the mushrooms for 2-3 minutes until they start to brown, slice the bacon into strips, half the sprouts and add to the pan.
5. Finish off with a small knob of the butter and set aside while you prepare the fish.
6. To cook the hake, heat a large frying pan with the remaining coconut oil until piping hot.
7. Sprinkle with salt & pepper and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, finish off by monteing au beurre, add the remainder to the pan, allow it to melt and spoon it over the fish.
8. Serve and enjoy with a sprinkle of fresh parsley.
Food is my passion! I spend every spare minute I have experimenting in the kitchen! I am constantly coming up with clean alternatives to junk foods in order to promote healthy eating in a unique and exciting way. My recipes are gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo and occasionally vegan. I hope you enjoy this recipe and after having a look through my blog are inspired to try new things!