I love my coffee; it’s the first thing I have in the morning and I keep my cup topped up during the day. So this mousse recipe is for those of you who, like me, also enjoy a hit of coffee at the end of the day too.
Makes 4 large or 6 small
– 150g marshmallows
– 50g salted butter
– 50g caster sugar
– 250g dark chocolate (approx. 70 per cent cocoa solids), finely chopped
– 60ml espresso coffee
– 300ml double cream
– 8 tbsp crème fraîche
– 1 tbsp icing sugar
– 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
– Chocolate-covered coffee beans, to decorate
– Cocoa powder or finely grated chocolate, to dust
1. Place the marshmallows, butter, sugar, chocolate and espresso in a small saucepan and warm slowly until melted.
2. Meanwhile, whip the cream to medium/firm peaks.
3. Remove the melted chocolate and marshmallow mixture from the heat and pour into a large bowl. Stir gently until cooled to room temperature and then fold in the cream.
4. Spoon the mixture into 4 or 6 glasses.
5. Mix together the crème fraîche, icing sugar and vanilla then spoon on top of the coffee chocolate mousse.
6. Scatter with a few chocolate-covered coffee beans, dust lightly with cocoa powder or grated chocolate, and serve.
Gino D’Acampo is one of the UK’s most popular TV chefs and the Author of many cookbooks including, La Dolce Diet and Italian Home Baking.
Pronto! will solve your dinner dilemmas with 130 delicious and quick dishes that will inspire you to leave behind the same dull, after-work meals. With recipes organised by ingredients you can easily find a dish using what you have in the cupboard or fridge.
Pronto! by Gino D’Acampo is published by Kyle Books. Photography by Matt Russell.