This gnocchi bake recipe is a great idea for a tasty vegetarian dinner, Italian inspiration and a colourful mix of vegetables combine in a comforting meal.
– 325 g cauliflower florets
– 500 g fresh gnocchi
– 200 g young spinach
– 200 ml full-fat crème fraîche
– 1 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
– 4 tbsp Parmesan, grated
1. Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6.
2. Bring a pan of salted water to the boil.
3. Add the cauliflower and boil for 4 minutes.
4. Remove using a slotted spoon; set aside.
5. Add the gnocchi to the hot water and boil for 3 minutes.
6. Add the spinach for the final 30 seconds of cooking, allowing it just to briefly wilt.
7. Drain and return to the pan with three-quarters of the blanched cauliflower, and gently stir through the crème fraîche and nutmeg.
8. Season with black pepper and a little salt.
9. Transfer the mixture into a 2-litre ovenproof dish and top with the reserved cauliflower.
10. Scatter with Parmesan and cook, covered, in the oven for 20 minutes, until the sauce is bubbling and the Parmesan is golden.
11. Remove from the oven and serve.
All of the ingredients listed above are available to purchase in all 17 M&S Irish Stores.
All ingredients are available from Marks & Spencer.
Marks & Spencer offers an extensive range of food and wine. There are 17 stores in the Republic of Ireland. To find your nearest store visit www.marksandspencer.ie