This cauliflower and kale curry recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegan, Paleo & Whole30.
I absolutely adore cauliflower whether it’s boiled, baked, steamed, stir-fried… you name it! This Cauliflower and Kale Curry is my favourite thing to meal prep at the moment, it keeps so well and can be eaten as is, teamed with some pan fried chicken or bulked up with extra kale & courgetti – there really are so many things that it can be eaten with!
– 1 large head of cauliflower (700-800g), separated into florets
– 150g kale, roughly chopped
– 1 red onion (150g), diced
– 4 medjool dates (85g), roughly chopped
– 1 tbsp medium curry powder
– 1/2 tbsp turmeric
– 1 tbsp garam masala
– 3 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1 chilli, finely chopped
– 1/4 tsp ground ginger
– 1 tin coconut milk (400g)
– 30g almond butter
– 1/2 tsp coconut oil
– 15-20g flaked almonds, toasted – to garnish
– Fresh coriander – to garnish
– Sprinkle of coarse salt
1. In a large wok heat the coconut oil and sauté the onions with the garlic and chilli, adding a little bit of water to stop them from sticking.
2. After about 1-2 minutes, when the onions have started to become translucent add in the turmeric, garam masala, ginger and curry powder with a good pinch of coarse salt – mix thoroughly adding a good dash of water to create a paste.
3. Allow the onions and spices to cook for 2-3 minutes before adding in the cauliflower.
4. Mix thoroughly so that the cauliflower is fully coated in the spice mix before adding the almond butter and dates.
5. Give everything a good stir and add in the coconut milk, stirring again until it has fully combined.
6. Allow the mixture to come to a gentle boil (you want it to start to bubble slightly around the edges) before reducing the heat and simmering for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the cauliflower is fully cooked and the sauce is rich and creamy.
7. Stir in the kale and leave to stand for 4-5 minutes before plating up.
8. Serve and enjoy!
Food is my passion! I spend every spare minute I have experimenting in the kitchen! I am constantly coming up with clean alternatives to junk foods in order to promote healthy eating in a unique and exciting way. My recipes are gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo and occasionally vegan. I hope you enjoy this recipe and after having a look through my blog are inspired to try new things!