Celebrity MasterChef is essential viewing for cooking enthusiasts and food lovers, as John Torode and Gregg Wallace put famous faces through their paces in the iconic kitchen studio. As darker evenings set in and with the weather set to take a turn, the return of Celebrity MasterChef this week is perfectly timed.
This year’s line up of aspiring Celebrity Masterchef champions includes former pop sensation Rachel Stevens of S Club 7 fame, TV presenter Ulrika Jonsson, comedian Vic Reeves, snooker legend Stephen Hendry and Olympian Rebecca Adlington.
The Full Line Up:
– Opera star, Lesley Garrett
– Seven times World Snooker champion, Stephen Hendry
– Comedian, actor and presenter, Jim Moir (better known as Vic Reeves)
– Actor and director, Nick Moran
– Popstar, Rachel Stevens
– Popstar, Jaymi Hensley
– Actor, Brian Bovell
– French tennis legend, Henri Leconte
– Actor and comedian, Abdullah Afzal
– Broadcaster, Dev Griffin
– TV presenter, Angellica Bell
– Double Olympic gold medallist, Rebecca Adlington
– Presenter, Julia Somerville
– TV personality and presenter, Debbie McGee
– Actor and presenter, Tyger Drew-Honey
– Children’s TV presenter, Barney Harwood
– Writer and TV presenter, Ulrika Jonsson
– Radio and TV journalist, Aasmah Mir
– Singer, actress and life skills expert, Patti Boulaye, OBE
– Presenter and parish priest, Reverend Kate Bottley
Celebrity Masterchef has launched food-based careers for many of its former champions, including Nadia Sawalha and Lisa Faulkner, who is now in a relationship with judge John Torode.
The always entertaining cookery competition will see the much loved public personalities take on invention tests and services on the pass in real restaurant kitchens amongst other grueling culinary challenges to determine who will be awarded the coveted title of Celebrity Masterchef 2017.
Set your TV to record for 8pm on Wednesday August 16th on BBC One to make sure you don’t miss any of the action. For more information visit www.bbc.co.uk.