A Margherita Recipe that is the perfect size for one. This recipe is from The Solo Food Cookbook is delicious and surprisingly easy to make.
– 200g cherry tomatoes, cut in half
– ½ tsp red wine vinegar olive oil
– ½ garlic clove, sliced paper-thin a small pinch of chilli flakes
– A few basil leaves
– 1 heat-and-serve naan or flatbread
– 1 small ball of (buffalo) mozzarella
– a small handful of rocket leaves salt and freshly ground pepper, to season
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/400°F/Gas 6. Sprinkle the cherry tomatoes with a pinch of salt and put them in colander.
2. Let them stand while the oven heats up, for around 10 minutes, then squeeze out as much liquid as you can.
3. Place them in a bowl, and mix in the vinegar, ½ tablespoon of olive oil, the garlic, a small pinch of chilli flakes and a few basil leaves.
4. Spread this mixture over the naan or flatbread. Tear the mozzarella into pieces and put these on top of the tomatoes. Bake for 7–10 minutes.
5. Toss the rocket with a splash of olive oil, some salt and lots of freshly ground pepper. Take the pizza out of the oven and sprinkle with the rocket to serve.
Solo Food is the first cookbook that celebrates cooking for yourself. Many people love to spend hours in the kitchen for their family or friends, but eat a pizza in front of the TV if they’re alone.
Janneke Vreugdenhil shows that cooking without the other mouths to feed can be extremely satisfying. You don’t need to take anyone else’s tastes into account; you and you alone know exactly how long you like your steak to be cooked and you can go ahead and enjoy that delicious pasta with prawns and smoked whiskey tomato sauce.
Solo Food is an exciting and personal, inspirational cookbook with 72 recipes that you’ll love putting on the table.