This tasty and nutritious chia pudding parfait is one of my favourite breakfast recipes during summer.
It is rich in antioxidants, vitamins, fibre, protein, Omega 3, calcium, phosphorus, manganese, magnesium, a perfect balance of ingredients and nutrients that will keep you energized all morning! It also makes a perfect treat after your workout.
– 500ml almond milk
– 1 banana,
– 50g chia seeds
– 2 natural yogurts
– 250g strawberries
– 125g raspberries
– 125g blackberries
– 4 tbsp wholegrain oats
– 4 tsp bee pollen
– Fresh mint leaves
1. Have all the berries well washed.
2. For the 1st layer of the parfait, blend 400ml almond milk with the banana and 50g strawberries. Add then the chia seeds and mix well. Pour the mix equally into the 4 serving glasses and leave to cool in the fridge for at least 4 hours (or overnight).
3. For the 2nd layer of the parfait, add 3 tablespoons of yogurt on top of each of the 4 already cooled chia puddings.
4. For the 3rd layer of the parfait, blend 200g strawberries with 100ml almond milk and add it on top of the yogurt layer. Add raspberries and blackberries to taste, one tablespoon of wholegrain oats and one teaspoon of bee pollen on each of the 4 parfaits.
5. Decorate with fresh mint leaves and serve cold.
I am Margarita Ribot, the cook, photographer and blogger behind Tasty Mediterraneo, a vegetarian food blog where I share healthy, simple and affordable recipes from the Mediterranean cuisine. I grew up in Spain enjoying the healthy Mediterranean diet and lifestyle and I am passionate about healthy eating and cooking Mediterranean recipes.
With the hectic lives that we lead in today’s society, many people are far from having healthy eating and lifestyle habits. I believe that a balanced diet such as the Mediterranean diet is key to live healthy longer and to put you at a lower risk for chronic diseases.
With the hope of encouraging many of you to preparing healthy recipes at home I leave you with one of my favourite quotes:
“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food” – Hippocrates.