Every now and then I go on a health kick and watch what I eat, especially in the evenings.
However, there are only so many salads you can have before you start to get a bit bored, especially during the winter months – but this salad recipe is an amazing option: filling, delicious and incredibly good for you but at the same time it won’t leave you feeling hard done by, unlike some salads.
– 100g can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
– 100g can borlotti beans, drained and rinsed
– 20 cherry tomatoes, quartered
– 1 medium hot red chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced
– 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely sliced
– 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
– 8 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
– 2 medium skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1cm strips
– 100g hot chorizo sausage, cut into thin round slices
– 60g rocket leaves
– Salt, to taste
1. Put all the beans in a large bowl with the tomatoes, chilli and garlic. Pour over the lemon juice with half the olive oil, season with salt, toss all together and set aside.
2. Place a large frying pan over a high heat and pour in the remaining oil. Add the chicken strips and fry for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon.
3. Season with salt, add the chorizo and continue to fry for a further 2 minutes over a high heat.
4. Toss the rocket leaves through the bean salad and transfer to a large serving plate. Top with the crispy chicken and chorizo and serve immediately.
Gino D’Acampo is one of the UK’s most popular TV chefs and the Author of many cookbooks including, La Dolce Diet and Italian Home Baking.
Pronto! will solve your dinner dilemmas with 130 delicious and quick dishes that will inspire you to leave behind the same dull, after-work meals. With recipes organised by ingredients you can easily find a dish using what you have in the cupboard or fridge.
Pronto! by Gino D’Acampo is published by Kyle Books. Photography by Matt Russell.