This Chicken and Gnocchi Recipe with Pancetta was created by Chef Kevin Curran from The Keadeen Hotel.
– 2 Medium Size Free Range Chicken Supremes
– 200g Gnocchi Pasta
– ½ Pint Cream
– 3oz Butter
– 4 Sprigs Flat Parsley
– 1 Chicken Stock Cube
– 1 Clove Garlic, Sliced
– 50g Smoked Bacon Pieces (Lardons)
– 25g Cornflour
– ½ Teacup of White Wine
– 2 Sprigs of Thyme
– 2oz Diced Onions
– ¼ Pint of Olive Oil
1. Pre Heat oven to 160°
2. Heat pan & seal chicken supremes by putting on hot pan for approx. 2 minutes until skin has a nice colour. Put on tray & place in oven.
3. Heat a small pot on the range
4. Add the smoked bacon pieces with a little olive oil & cook until crispy. Add onions, garlic thyme & wine and bring to the boil. Add cream & chicken stock cube & bring back to a simmer.
5. Mix a little water with cornflour until it’s a liquid, add to simmering sauce to thicken & set pot aside.
6. In a boiling pot of water with a little olive oil & salt add the gnocchi pasta and simmer for 3 minutes. Drain pasta & add a knob of butter.
To plate up
1. Check chicken supremes in oven, they should be at least 74° at wing bone end, use a probe to take temperature. This is a very handy piece of equipment and you can always be sure your food is cooked.
2. Add the warm pasta to your sauce.
3. Heat two bowls and put your pasta & sauce in each.
4. Place your chicken on pasta & sauce
5. Garnish with chopped parsley.
Kevin’s first steps in cooking came when he was just 14 when he started working in The Loft Restaurant in Bunratty, but his real education came from Roger Porrott, the owner of Gooser’s Bar & Restaurant in Lough Derg.
Having trained at RTC Galway, Kevin worked in Germany before returning to Ireland to take up a position in McGrattan’s of the Lane in Dublin.
Kevin has been working in Keadeen Hotel since 2011, and the recent development works to the Saddler’s Bar & Bistro and the Bay Leaf Restaurant has injected a new lease of life into the dining experience at the well- known Kildare hotel.