Chickpea and Courgette Spaguetti Recipe. In this recipe I have used regular pasta because I have no reason to use a gluten-free alternative. If you have Coeliac disease or a gluten intolerance, a gluten-free pasta from the supermarket works exceptionally well in this recipe too.
– 1/3 courgette, cut into strips
– 3 garlic cloves, sliced
– 1 tsp sundried tomato pesto
– 1/2 tin chickpeas
– Handful of spinach
– Freshly ground black pepper
1. Cook the pasta in salted water according to packet instructions.
2. Cook the courgette and garlic in a non-stick pan for 10 minutes until beginning to soften. Mix in the pesto, chickpeas and approx. 2 tbsp pasta water.
3. When the pasta is cooked, drain and fold into the veggie/pesto mix along with the spinach.
4. Serve with a sprinkle of pepper and parmesan.
Amy is a marketer, nutritionist, blogger, baker, cook and an ambassador for Health Bloggers Community in Ireland. Amy qualified from University College Dublin in 2016 with a BSc (Hons) Human Nutrition before following her creative passion and moving into the marketing team of Danone. This busy lady can most often be found drinking coffee, stalking dogs or photographing food for her blog. Amy is an avid believer of maintaining work-life balance and likes to wind down by attending yoga classes or going for long walks. Visit her blog here.