Chocolate Brownie Bars with Blueberry Chia Jam Recipe By Soulful and Healthy
Chocolate brownie bars with blueberry chia jam recipe. No need to feel deprived with these delicious yet healthy chocolate bars.
– 60 grams ground almonds
– 100 grams oats flour
– 70 grams pecans or walnuts
– 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 40 grams organic cocoa powder
– 1 tbsp whole white chia seeds
– 1/2 tsp of baking soda
– 1 tsp of baking powder
– pinch of Himalayan pink salt
– 60 ml organic coconut oil melted
– 80 ml unsweetened almond milk or milk of choice
– 3 eggs
– 1/3 cup honey
– 1 tsp vanilla essence
– 200 grams of good quality dark chocolate (swap vegan and diary free chocolate
– Whole white chia seeds for sprinkling
Blueberries chia jam
– 120 grams frozen wild blueberries
– 2 to 3 tbsp of honey or maple syrup
– 2 to 3 tbsp lemon juice
– 2 tbsp whole white/black chia seeds
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius, Line a 9 inch X 9 inch square brownie pan with parchment paper.
2. Blitz the nuts in a food processor or a pestle and motor into small pieces.
3. Make the oats flour by blitzing the oats in a food processor.
4. Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl.
5. Add the wet ingredients into another bowl, mix well. Then gently fold the
mixture together. Pour mixture into prepared pan.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 mins, until a toothpick inserted comes
7. While the brownies are baking, make the chia jam. (Find the recipe below).
8. Once the brownies are done let it cool completely on a wire rack.
9. Use a double boiler method and melt the chocolate pieces or melt in the
10. Once fully cooled down very carefully slit the brownie in half horizontally,
(like you would a cake for icing) set the top half aside.
11. Apply a generous amount of the wild blueberries chia jam in between
12. Place the other half on top, trim the edges evenly. Cut the brownies into
long bars instead of squares.
13. Carefully pour the melted dark chocolate on each bar using a spoon.
14. Drizzle white chia seeds on top of each bar.
Blueberries chia jam
1. Add the frozen wild blueberries into a saucepan and bring to boil on medium heat for about 8 to 10 min stirring in between, the berries leave out all the juices.
2. After the juices have reduced a little, mash well using a fork.
3. Add the honey/ maple syrup and lemon juice.
4. Taste the jam and depending on how sweet you would want, add more sweetener and lemon juice if needed. Simmer for two mins on low heat.
5. Add the whole chia seeds and remove from the heat and let it cool.
Healthy eating doesn’t have to be boring, That’s what I told myself when I started blogging three years ago. I share healthy recipes, inspirations and ideas from my little kitchen in Dublin. With a cultural mix at home my recipes are not specific to one cuisine alone. I discovered so many wonderful ways of cooking which are all very healthy and not compromising on taste. Most of my recipes are gluten free, sugar free and diary free. I still enjoy treats from time to time but not at the cost of my health. I found a right balance between enjoying good food and also eating more organic and wholesome food. Hope you enjoy my recipes as much as I enjoy making them.