This Banana Ice Pop Recipe is another really quick, easy and delicious summer snack. The concept is simple but full of flavour. The lollipop sticks can be bought from most supermarkets and they look so pretty.
The chocolate dip is homemade and needs only three ingredients.
– 2 large ripe bananas, peeled and cut into 1cm slices
– 2 tbsp almond butter
– 2 tbsp coconut oil
– 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
– 2 tbsp maple syrup
– 2 tbsp unsalted raw almonds
1. Spread each banana slice with almond butter and layer up 3-4 slices on each stick.
2. Place on a plate and repeat with the remaining banana slices and freeze for an hour.
3. To make the chocolate, heat the coconut oil in a small saucepan over a medium heat and remove from the heat just before it’s totally melted.
4. Whisk in the cacao powder and maple syrup, pour into a bowl and keep to one side.
5. Crush the almonds in a pestle and mortar until broken down into small chunks.
6. When the bananas have been freezing for at least an hour, remove and dip into the chocolate until totally covered.
7. Immediately sprinkle the crushed almonds over the chocolate and place back in the freezer to set for about 30 minutes.
8. Tip … To save yourself time making the homemade chocolate, feel free to melt dark chocolate instead.
Niomi Smart’s passion is healthy food and her most popular YouTube video series, What I Eat in a Day, inspires a global audience of millions to look, live and feel better. Now, for the first time, she has compiled all of her favourite recipes into a cookbook to show you the smart way to eat.
Already an online phenomenon, Niomi creates recipes for anyone who wants to feel amazing from the inside out, covering: breakfasts, lunches, dinners, desserts, snacks, baked treats and drinks, she offers a really easy way to eat delicious, healthy food at every mealtime.
Eat Smart by Niomi Smart is available to buy here.