As the cold weather approaches, what better way to warm yourself up with a sweet, succulent dessert courtesy of Siúcra? These chocolate fondants are a little bowl of indulgence, with a crunchy top layer giving way to a smooth, melt in the mouth chocolatey delight!
– 100 g butter
– 150 g good−quality dark chocolate
– 2 eggs
– 2 egg yolks
– 40 g Siúcra Caster Sugar
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 2 tbsp plain flour
– 1/2 tsp ground ginger
– Butter and granulated sugar to grease and coat the ramekins
– Cranberries or berries of your choice to serve
1. Melt the butter in a saucepan and remove from the heat. Break the chocolate into pieces and allow to melt in the butter. Beat the eggs, yolks and sugar in a bowl. Add the dry ingredients and fold them into the chocolate and butter mixture. Stir until the mixture turns smooth and glossy.
2. Grease the ramekins and coat them with the sugar. Spoon the mixture into the ramekins. This stage can be done in advance. Preheat the oven to 200°C and place the ramekins in the centre of the oven. Bake the fondants for 6−8 mins, making sure you don’t overbake them.
3. The centre should be soft and oozy. Serve straight away with a ball of ice cream or a dollop of cream and berries of your choice.