This Chocolate Marquise recipe by Chef Josef Zammit is one of the most popular desserts at TwoCooks Restaurant.
– 4 egg yolks (80g)
– 4 eggs (220g)
– 100ml honey
– 205ml cream
– 400g chocolate 55%
– 125ml double cream
– 50ml syrup
– 100g dark chocolate
1. Whisk eggs and yolks on medium speed until almost white (ribbon stage).
2. Heat the honey to 121C. Use a sugar thermometer.
3. Melt the chocolate in a bain marie.
4. Whip cream to a very soft peak.
5. Pour honey onto the egg mixture on a slow speed. Whisk until cool and fold in chocolate.
6. Gently fold in cream. Do not over work to keep it light and fluffy.
7. Set in pre-lined moulds.
1. Bring double cream and syrup to boil
2. Add chocolate and pass through chiniose
3. Allow to cool.
The Chef-Owners of TwoCooks Restaurant, Sallins Co Kildare, Nicola and Josef Zammit have established a
popular neighborhood restaurant in the beautiful village of Sallins. Their experiences around the world cooking and eating over the last 15 years has inspired them to make TwoCooks something a little out of the ordinary with a seasonal menu that delights every time paired with the relaxed friendly and knowledgable service, customers are in very good hands.
Since opening their doors in February 2016, they have been awarded a coveted Bib Gourmand from Michelin Guide (2017) as well as Best Chef (2017), Best Emerging Irish Cuisine (2018) and Best Restaurant Kildare (2017/2018) from the Irish Restaurant Awards.