Christmas Hot Chocolate Recipes from Bean and Goose
At Bean & Goose we make a very simple hot chocolate recipe, however it is pure indulgence & exactly how hot chocolate should taste!
375 ml Whole Milk
40 ml Water
2 * 80g Bars of Mexico 66% (chopped into chunks)
Put Milk, Water & Sugar into a saucepan. Gently heat until the mixture is just below boiling point. Turn down the heat & add the chopped chocolate. Stir until chocolate is melted. Remove from heat & emulsify using a stick blender.
We add spice variations to this recipe.
Cardamom hot chocolate with rose scented cream
– Crush 4 Cardamom pods & add the seeds to the chopped chocolate
– Whip up a batch of double cream & stir in a 1/2 teaspoon of rose water
– Top hot chocolate with cream & a few dried rose petals.
Spiced hot chocolate with nutmeg cream
– Add 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder to the saucepan before heating the milk, water & sugar mixture
– Try using different types of chili – ancho or chipotle, are perfect with Mexico chocolate
– Whip up a batch of double cream
– Top hot chocolate with cream & a grating of nutmeg
Bean and Goose was founded by sisters and chocolatiers, Karen and Natalie Keane. Based at Last Tree Farm outside Ferns, county Wexford, they make the most exciting and delicious single origin chocolate creations blending it with flavours from the Irish countryside. They recently opened a workshop space at Gonzaga House in Enniscorthy where they are currently busy making their Christmas creations to ship across Ireland and beyond.