Clementine Roast Chicken Tray Bake Recipe from M&S
This quick and easy roast chicken tray bake isideal for when you want soemthing comforting but lighter and faster than a stew. Accompany it with potatoes or salad for a lovely dinner.
– 6 chicken thighs
– 1 fennel bulb
– 1 red onion
– 3 garlic cloves
– sprigs thyme
– 150ml chicken or vegetable stock
– 1 Handful frozen peas
– 4 clementines
– 3 tbsp olive oil
– 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
– 1 lemon juice
Prep the chicken
1. Bone-in the chicken thighs.
2. Thinly slice the fennel bulbs, with fronds reserved for garnish.
3. Slice the red onions and crush the garlic cloves.
Make the tray bake
1. Heat the ove to 190°C/170°C fan/gas 5.
2. Combine the marinade ingredients (olive oil, Dijon mustard), in a non-metallic bowl.
3. Add the chicken thighs, season with salt and pepper, and toss to coat evenly.
4. Leave to marinate for 30 minutes, if you have time.
5. Place the fennel, onion, garlic and thyme in a roasting dish with the chicken and marinade, then add the stock.
6. Roast for 40-45 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
7. Gently mix in the peas, then return to the oven and cook for another 3 minutes.
8. Meanwhile, heat a griddle pan to hot and quickly press the clementine discs on to the surface for ½-1 minute until they caramelise on one side.
9. Remove with a fish slice, and use to garnish the chicken dish, with the fennel fronds.
10. Add a squeeze of lemon and serve with salad or potatoes.
All ingredients are available from Marks & Spencer.
Marks & Spencer offers an extensive range of food and wine. There are 17 stores in the Republic of Ireland. To find your nearest store visit www.marksandspencer.ie