This mousse recipe combines seasonal clementines with indulgent white chocolate, and a touch of ginger to give a spicy, warm kick – the perfect way to finish a meal on a cold winter day.
– 1 sheet gelatine
– 150g white chocolate
– 4 egg yolks
– 2 zest and juice clementines
1. Soften the gelatine in cold water for a few minutes
2. Meanwhile, melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl, set over a pan of simmering water (do not let the bottom of the bowl touch the water)
3. Remove the heat and set aside
4. Place another heatproof bowl over the pan of simmering eater and whisk the egg yolks, clementine zest, juice and grated ginger until thick and creamy, with some air bubbles.
5. This takes 5-10 minutes
6. Squeeze the gelatine to remove excess water, then add it to the egg mixture
7. Whisk again until combined and the gelatine has dissolved
8. Remove from the heat and gently fold in the melted chocolate
9. Leave to cool to room temperature
10.Whip the double cream into soft peaks, and gently fold it into the cooled chocolate mixture
11. Divide among 4 glasses and chill in the fridge for 2 hours, or until set.
12. Garnish with grated clementine zest and a twist of peel, to serve.
All ingredients are available from Marks & Spencer.
Marks & Spencer offers an extensive range of food and wine. There are 17 stores in the Republic of Ireland. To find your nearest store visit www.marksandspencer.ie