Coconut Prawn Curry Recipe by The Wonky Spatula
My mum made a delicious prawn curry for dinner recently and I just couldn’t wait to try one out myself afterwards! This Coconut Prawn Curry is so light and full of flavour, perfect for a summer supper! This curry recipe is gluten free, dairy free, paleo and Whole 30 approved.
– 280g of raw king prawns
– 3 large shallots, finely sliced
– 2 peppers, finely sliced
– 3 spring onions, finely sliced
– 2 beef tomatoes, cut into eighths
– 2 Kaffir lime leaves
– 1 stick of lemongrass
– 3 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1 green chili, finely sliced
– 2cm piece of ginger, grated
– 2 tsp chili flakes
– 2 tbsp paprika
– 2 x 400g tins of coconut milk
– Large handful of fresh coriander (plus extra to garnish)
– Juice of one lime
– Coconut oil
1. In a large saucepan heat 1 tsp of coconut oil.
2. Add the shallots and saute until they start to soften.
3. Once the shallots have begun to turn slightly golden, add the lemon grass, garlic, ginger, chili, spring onion and lime leaves.
4. Saute for 2-3 minutes before adding in the chili flakes and paprika, mix thoroughly.
5. Add the coconut milk to the saucepan and bring the mixture to the boil.
6. Simmer for 6-8 minutes before adding the peppers, lime juice and tomatoes.
7. Continue to cook for 2-3 minutes before turning up the heat and adding the prawns.
8. Once the prawns turn pink (after about 1 minute) remove from the heat, stir in the coriander and serve.
Food is my passion! I spend every spare minute I have experimenting in the kitchen! I am constantly coming up with clean alternatives to junk foods in order to promote healthy eating in a unique and exciting way. My recipes are gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo and occasionally vegan. I hope you enjoy this recipe and after having a look through my blog are inspired to try new things!
[TT-FOURBLOCK ID=”66852, 51947, 61343, 66818″]