Cod En Papillote Recipe from Bord Bia
This Baked New Potatoes and Cod En Papillote Recipe from Bord Bia is the perfect dinner option for those long summer evenings.
– 400g Queens potatoes, sliced in half
– 4 thick cut cod steaks (about 120g each)
– 100g fresh spinach
– 1 red pepper, sliced
– 10g fresh parsley
– 4 slices of lemon
– 100ml white wine
– 20g butter
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180*c / gas 4.
2. Cut 4 large rectangular pieces of non-stick parchment paper, roughly 30cm x 25cm.
3. Bring a pan of water to the boil and cook the potatoes for about 8 minutes, drain.
4. Take a piece of the parchment and fold in half. Divide the potatoes, pepper and spinach between the parchment paper on one half.
5. Place a cod steak on top then place a slice of lemon on the fish. Season with salt and milled pepper and scatter over the parsley.
‘Potatoes: More Than A Bit On The Side’ is a three year EU-funded campaign for the promotion of fresh potatoes run by Bord Bia and AHDB Potatoes on behalf of the potato industries in Ireland and Great Britain.
Potato consumption in Ireland has been in decline over the past decade, particularly with 22-44 year old women. There are also many health-based misconceptions around potatoes which this campaign is looking to tackle. We all live busy lives and require convenience in our cooking. Potatoes can provide healthy, quick solutions for innovative meal ideas.
For more information and recipes, visit www.potato.ie