Get a taste of Kerry with this delicious figs and Cordal goat’s cheese recipe with goji berries and spiced pomegranate dressing – a true taste of summer.
– 8 figs, sliced
– 180g goat’s cheese
– Dried goji berries
– 6 sliced sugar snap, they add a great crunch
– Sliced red chilli with seeds
– Garnish celery leaves, watercress leaves
For the Dressing
– 30ml pomegranate vinegar
– 5ml rose water
– Salt and black pepper
– 30ml pumpkin seed oil
– 30ml rapeseed oil
1. Mix all the ingredients for the dressing together.
2. Place figs on plate, crumble up goat’s cheese and scatter. Add crunchy vegetables,berries and leaves
3. Dress the plate and this is the perfect salad for a buffet or BBQ.
Currently the Executive Head Chef at Danú Restaurant in The Brehon, Killarney, Chef Chad Byrne has extensive experience working in renowned establishments such as the Michelin Star restaurant Ristorante Semplice in London, the five star Heritage Golf & Spa Resort in Killenard, The Killarney Park Hotel and The Clarence and Merrion Hotel in Dublin.
Chad was awarded Irish Gastro Chef of the Year in 2012 along with a Gold Medal from Chef Ireland 2012 and has also represented Ireland in the culinary Olympics in Errfurt Germany. Danú Restaurant holds 2 AA Rosettes and Chad runs the kitchen with the ethos of food, focus and fun.