A succulent Corn-fed chicken, green asparagus, carrot, roast sweet potato, honey & thyme jus recipe. A great recipe to impress at a date night, with great flavours and delicious complimenting side dishes.
– 4 supremes
– 40ml olive oil
– Sprig of thyme & rosemary
– Salt & pepper
– 4 round sweet potato fondants
– 80g of Irish butter
– sprig of thyme
– 4 garlic cloves, peeled
– 200g of carrot, peeled and chopped
– 40g of butter
Green asparagus & baby carrot
– 8pc of asparagus tips
– 4pc baby carrots
– 5g olive oil
Honey & thyme jus
– 200ml of red wine
– 100ml of veal stock
– 10ml organic honey
– 1 thyme sprig
1. Mix the herbs and olive oil and gently rub into the chicken, season with salt and cracked black pepper. Cover the chicken and leave to marinate for at least 2 hours.
2. When the chicken is ready, pan-fry it on a very hot pan till golden colour, then place it in the pre- heated oven 180*C for 20 minutes.
3. When chicken is ready set aside and rest in a warm place.
Sweet Potato Fondant
1. Place a saucepan over a medium heat and add the butter. When the butter is foaming, add the potatoes and garlic and season with salt.
2. Baste the potatoes with the foaming butter, turning them over until golden brown on both sides. Put the fondants in the deep tray and cover with an aluminium foil.
3. Cook it at 180*C in the oven until soft but not braking apart.
1. Place the chopped carrots in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer and cook
for around 15-20 minutes until soft.
2. Drain the excess liquid and place the carrots into a food processor. Purée it until smooth, adding the diced butter. Season to taste.
Asparagus & carrots
1. Trim and blanch asparagus tips and carrots in the salty boiled water for two minutes and sauté with a little olive oil on the hot pan for another one minute.
Honey & thyme jus
1. Combine red wine, thyme and veal stock in a pan and reduce by about two thirds until it has a thin gravy-like consistency, discard the thyme sprig, then stir in honey.
1. Place chicken in the middle of the plate. Add the fondant then spoon a bit of carrot puree. Add baby carrot and
2. Finish by drizzling the honey jus over the chicken. Garnish over with the micro herbs and serve
Igor Cikarev is the executive head chef at The Gibson Hotel. A Russian native from Riga, Igor got his start in the Latvian capital and has continued to grow his experience over the years.
Stay up-to-date with all of the latest news from the gibson hotel here.