This recipe Courgetti & Meatballs Recipe is incredibly delicious! It is so hearty and filling, yet it won’t leave you feeling bloated and sluggish like traditional Spaghetti and Meatballs may.
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo & Whole 30 Approved
– 300g round steak mince
– 1/2 a small onion, finely diced
– 1/2 red pepper, finely diced
– 1 tsp garlic powder
– 1 tsp Italian herb seasoning or oregano if you prefer
– 1 tsp ground cumin
– 1 tsp ground nutmeg
– Oil or coconut oil
– 2 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1 green chili, finely sliced
– 400g tin chopped tomatoes
– 2 spiralised courgettes/zucchinis (either raw or lightly sautéed whichever you prefer)
1. To make the sauce, heat a small pot with some of your chosen oil, gently sauté the garlic and chili for 1-2 minutes before adding in the tomatoes, bring to the boil before reducing to a simmer. Allow it to cook away while you prepare everything else – stirring occasionally.
2. In a large bowl add all of the spices, onion and pepper, mix thoroughly before adding in the mince and mixing thoroughly once more. Roll the mixture into balls, I went for about the size of a ping-pong ball! (This recipe makes between 9 and 12 meatballs)
3. Heat a large pan with 1 tbsp of your chosen oil. Add the meatballs to the pan, you may want to do this in 2 batches, allow to brown for about a minute before turning the temperature right down and allowing the meatballs to cook for 4 minutes with a lid on top of them, any sauce pan lid you have will do!
4. Remove the lid turn the heat up slightly, flip the meatballs and allow to brown for about a minute before reducing the heat, placing the lid back on and cooking for a further 4 minutes.
Remove the meatballs from the pan and set aside while you prepare your courgette/zucchini to your liking.
5. Place the courgetti/zoodles on your plate and pile it high with your meatballs.
6. Lastly pour over a generous helping of the tomato sauce, serve and enjoy!
Food is my passion! I spend every spare minute I have experimenting in the kitchen! I am constantly coming up with clean alternatives to junk foods in order to promote healthy eating in a unique and exciting way. My recipes are gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo and occasionally vegan. I hope you enjoy this recipe and after having a look through my blog are inspired to try new things!