Even tough it’s a spread, who hasn’t indulged in eating Nutella with a spoon straight out of the jar? This versatile mix of chocolate and hazelnuts inspired in the famous Italian gianduja, from the Piedmont, has taken over the world and in fact, if spread around the Equator, Earth’s yearly Nutella production would be enough to wrap it 1.8 times.Here are five crazy Nutella facts that are almost unbelievable!
1. Great Wall of Nutella: You could cover 8 times the Great Wall of China with the number of Nutella jars sold in a year.
2. A Cruise in the Danube: If the amount of Nutella jars made each year was was lined up by the Danube river, you could have 26 lines of jars. And this river is seriously long (2,860 km), flowing through 10 different countries!
3. A Nutella Skyscraper: The amount of Nutella produced in 1 year weighs the same as the Empire State Building (365,000 tons).
4. Nutella O’Clock: If you were to use the amount of Nutella consumed in one year as clay, you could build the Big Ben 22,000 times.
5. Hazelnut Greatness: It would take 41,923 hazelnuts to cover the circumference of the Colosseum: that’s 0.0001% of the number of hazelnuts used inside all the jars of Nutella sold in a year.
More information: nutella.com